Answer the following question(s) about New York City.
1. What is the name of the main international airport at New York? Ronald Reagan Airport
Thomas Jefferson Airport
Abraham Lincoln Airport
John F. Kennedy Airport Answer:Answer:John F. Kennedy Airport John F. Kennedy International Airport and LaGuardia Airport are located in New York.
2. Which of these airports is located in New York? Dulles Airport
LaGuardia Airport Logan Airport
Answer:Answer:LaGuardia Airport John F. Kennedy International Airport and LaGuardia Airport are located in New York. LaGuardia Airport is named after Harry La Guardia, the late Mayor of New York.
3. New York is often referred to as the Big Orange
Big Apple Small Cherry
Answer:Answer:Big Apple The nickname of New York is Big Apple and the nickname of Los Angeles is Big Orange.
4. When was the World Trade Center in New York attacked and destroyed? 11 September 2001 11 November 2001
9 September 2001
9 November 2001
Answer:Answer:11 September 2001 The World Trade Center was attacked and destroyed on 11 September 2001, commonly referred to as 9/11. It occupied 16 square blocks in lower Manhattan.
5. New York's financial center is Broadway
Wall Street Answer:Answer:Wall Street The New York Stock Exchange started under a buttonwood sycamore tree in 1792 at today's Wall Street.
6. Name the famous New York City building whose construction was completed in 1931. World Trade Center
Mew York Times
Empire State Rockefeller
Answer:Answer:Empire State The Empire State Building was the world's tallest from 1931 to 1972. In 1972, the first tower of the World Trade Center was built which was taller.
7. Where in New York is the advertising industry primarily located? Broadway
Madison Avenue Wall Street
8. What is the red granite obelisk in Central Park of New York called? Cleopatra's Needle Cleopatra's Monument
Answer:Answer:Cleopatra's Needle One of Cleopatra's Needles is located near the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Central Park of New York, whereas the other is located along the Thames River in London, England. The red granite obelisk came to the US from Egypt in 1880. New York's Central Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted.
9. How many boroughs is New York made up of? 2
5 Answer:Answer:5 New York is made up of five boroughs. They are Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Manhattan
10. Which of New York's boroughs is the largest in size? Brooklyn
11. Which of New York's boroughs is the smallest in size? Staten Island
12. Which New York borough was known as the borough of Richmond until 1975? Manhattan
Staten Island Brooklyn
Answer:Answer:Staten Island Staten Island lies to the southwest of Manhattan. A spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline is provided by the Staten Island ferry.
13. Which of New York's boroughs is the most populated? Manhattan
Brooklyn The Bronx
Answer:Answer:Brooklyn Brooklyn is the most populated borough, whereas Manhattan is the most densely populated borough.
14. About how many islands does New York City consist of? 5
15. What is the official residence of the Mayor of New York called? Lincoln Center
Gracie Mansion Answer:Answer:Gracie Mansion
16. Name one of the world's largest wildlife conservation parks located in New York. The Bronx Zoo The Brooklyn Zoo
The Manhattan Zoo
The Staten Island Zoo
Answer:Answer:The Bronx Zoo The Bronx Zoo is the largest metropolitan zoo in the US and houses several of the world's endangered species.
17. Where do the Yankees play their professional baseball games in New York? Yankee Stadium, Queens
Shea Stadium, Bronx
Shea Stadium, Queens
Yankee Stadium, Bronx Answer:Answer:Yankee Stadium, Bronx
18. Where do the Mets play their professional baseball games in New York? Yankee Stadium, Queens
Shea Stadium, Bronx
Shea Stadium, Queens Yankee Stadium, Bronx
Answer:Answer:Shea Stadium, Queens
19. What houses many cultural companies including the Metropolitan Opera, the New York City Ballet, the New York City Opera and the New York Philharmonic? Rockefeller Center
Lincoln Center Answer:Answer:Lincoln Center The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is a 15-acre complex of buildings in Manhattan.
20. Which of these is the largest park in New York City? Pelham Bay Park Central Park
Flushing Meadows - Corona Park
Answer:Answer:Pelham Bay Park
21. Which building in Manhattan is often called the Cathedral of Commerce? Empire State Building
Woolworth Building Chrysler Building
New York Times Building
22. Times Square centers on the intersection of Broadway, 7th Avenue, and _______. 24th Street
42nd Street 56th Street
23. Radio City Music Hall (the largest indoor theater in the US) and the GE Building (formally RCA Building) are located in the _______. Lincoln Center
Rockefeller Center Answer:Answer:Rockefeller Center
24. Which is the professional basketball team of New York? Knicks Jets
25. The largest city in the United States in terms of population is New York. True False
Answer:Answer:True New York is the most populous city of the USA. Los Angeles and Chicago are the second and third most populous cities of the United States.
26. George Washington was sworn in as US President in New York City, which was then the capital of the United States. True False
Answer:Answer:True George Washington was sworn in as the first US President on the steps of Federal Hall in April 1789. New York City was the capital of the United States from 1785 to 1790.
27. Ellis Island was the famous entry point to New York for many million immigrants. True False
28. Most Broadway theatres are located in and around Times Square in New York. True False
Answer:Answer:True Times Square is the hub of New York's theatre district. Interestingly, most venues and performing groups spell theatre with 're' although the American spelling is theater with 'er'.
29. The New York Stock Exchange is the world's largest securities exchange. True False
Answer:Answer:True The New York Stock Exchange started under a buttonwood sycamore tree in 1792 at today's Wall Street.
30. New York City's famous egg cream contains cream but no eggs. True
False Answer:Answer:False Egg cream, New York City's famous fountain drink, contains milk, seltzer and chocolate syrup. It contains neither cream nor eggs.