1. Where is the US farm belt located? Northeast
2. What is the name of the main International Airport at New York? Laguardia Airport
John F. Kennedy Airport Charles de Gaulle Airport
Abraham Lincoln Airport
Answer:Answer:John F. Kennedy Airport
3. Which is the tallest active geyser in the world? Waimangu
Giant in Yellowstone National Park Krakatau
Answer:Answer:Giant in Yellowstone National Park A geyser is a spring from which steam and superheated water are ejected intermittently. Giant in Yellowstone National Park erupts at intervals varying from 7 days to 3 months, throwing a spire of 61 metres at a rate of 3.2 million litres per hour.
4. In which state is the Yellowstone National Park located? Wyoming North Dakota
Answer:Answer:Wyoming Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming has about half of the approximately 800 active geysers of the world.
5. Which is the freshwater lake with the largest surface area in the world? Lake Superior Caspian Sea
Answer:Answer:Lake Superior Lake Superior, one of the Great Lakes, has 53600 sq. km. in USA and 28800 sq. km. in Canada.
6. Which town in Michigan is the biggest center for the manufacture of motor cars in the world? Lincoln
7. How many states are there in the United States of America? 49
Answer:Answer:50 The Union originally consisted of 13 states, to which 7 were added later. Thirty other states, that were formerly territories, were also admitted into the Union as full states making up 50 states in all, apart from the District of Columbia.
8. In which state does the Snake River originate? Idaho
Answer:Answer:Wyoming The Snake River rises in Wyoming and flows into Idaho. It is 1504 km long.
9. Which is the largest port in the world? Diamond Harbor
San Francisco Harbor
New York Harbor Answer:Answer:New York Harbor
10. Which city is known as the "Queen City of the Mississippi"? Jackson
New Orleans Answer:Answer:New Orleans
11. Which is the largest city in the United States? Los Angeles
New York Chicago
12. Which is the second largest city in the United States? New York
Los Angeles Answer:Answer:Los Angeles
13. Which is the third largest city in the United States? Chicago Los Angeles
14. In which city is the Sears Tower located? Los Angeles
15. In which city of Florida is Disney World located? Orlando Tampa
Answer:Answer:Orlando Walt Disney World at Orlando comprises Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center and Disney - MGM Studios Theme Park.
16. In which city of California is Sea World located? Los Angeles
San Diego Answer:Answer:San Diego In addition to San Diego (California), Sea World is also located at Orlando (Florida) and San Antonio (Texas).
17. Which is the largest city in New Mexico? Santa Fe
Albuquerque Los Alamos
18. Which is the "City of the Golden Gate"? New York
San Francisco Answer:Answer:San Francisco
19. Which is the "City of Magnificent Distances"? Washington D.C. Chicago
20. What is the capital of the United States of America? Chicago
Washington D.C. Philadelphia
21. Which is the "City of Skyscrapers"? Los Angeles
New York Answer:Answer:New York
22. Which is the only state that is not on the North American continent? Hawaii Alaska
23. On which mountain are the faces of four U.S. Presidents carved? Mount Rushmore Mount McKinley
Answer:Answer:Mount Rushmore The four U.S. Presidents carved are George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.
24. Which is the smallest state in the USA? Rhode Island Delaware
Answer:Answer:Rhode Island Rhode Island is the smallest state with an area of 3139 sq. km., followed by Delaware with an area of 5294 sq. km.
25. Which is the largest state in the USA? Texas
Alaska Answer:Answer:Alaska Alaska is the largest state with an area of 1530700 sq. km.
26. Which state is referred to as the "Last Frontier"? Texas
Answer:Answer:Alaska Alaska is the largest state with an area of 1530700 sq. km.
27. How many islands constitute the Hawaiian chain? about 30
about 130 about 310
28. Which is the smallest state in the Midwest? Indiana Iowa
Answer:Answer:Indiana Indiana has an area of 93719 sq. km.
29. Which river forms a natural border between the US and Mexico? Red River
Rio Grande Gila River
30. How many lakes comprise the Great Lakes? 4
Answer:Answer:5 The Great Lakes are Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake Ontario.
31. Which of the Great Lakes is the only one to lie entirely in the United States? Lake Superior
Lake Michigan Lake Erie
Answer:Answer:Lake Michigan Lakes Superior, Ontario, Erie and Huron are shared by Canada and the USA.
32. Which is the highest mountain in North America? Mount Morris
Mount McKinley Mount Angel
33. Which is the highest peak in the Appalachian Mountains? Mount Morris
Mount Mitchell Mount Angel
34. Which is the north-easternmost state in the USA? Maine New Hampshire
35. In which state is the Grand Canyon located? Utah
36. Where does the Mississippi River start? Appalachian Mountains
Lake Itasca Answer:Answer:Lake Itasca
37. Which are the oldest mountains in North America? Rocky Mountains
Appalachian Mountains Wasatch Mountains
38. Which river makes up part of the boundaries of ten American states? Mississippi River Red River
Answer:Answer:Mississippi River The Mississippi River makes up part of the boundaries of Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Mississippi.
39. What is the name of the lake formed by the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River? Lake Tahoe
Lake Mead Great Salt Lake
Answer:Answer:Lake Mead The Hoover Dam was originally known as the Boulder Dam.
40. Which two states are separate from the contiguous USA? California and New York
Alaska and Hawaii Alaska and New York
California and Hawaii
Answer:Answer:Alaska and Hawaii
41. What is the region of the Rocky Mountains that separates streams flowing into the Atlantic Ocean from those flowing into the Pacific Ocean called? Great Wall
Continental Divide Atlantic Barrier