The bible verses are taken from the American Standard Bible.
1. Which book comes before the Gospel of Mark in the New Testament? Luke
The Gospel of Mark is the second book of the New Testament and comes after the Gospel of Matthew.
2. Which book comes after the Gospel of Mark in the New Testament? Matthew
The Gospel of Mark is followed by the Gospel of Luke in the New Testament.
3. How many chapters does the Gospel of Mark have? 14
The Gospel of Mark has 16 chapters.
4. Which is the first verse the Gospel of Mark? The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham
Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Answer:The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
The Gospel of Mark starts with the verse 'The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God'.
5. Who was Mark's cousin? Matthew
Mark was the cousin of Barnabus.
6. Who gets baptised in the first chapter of Gospel of Mark? Jesus Matthew
The Gospel of Mark describes the baptism of Jesus Christ in the introductory verses (Mark 1:1-12) .
7. How many days did Jesus spend in the wilderness? 39
Jesus Christ spent 40 days in the wilderness (Mark 1:13).
8. Which tree did Jesus curse? fig apple
Jesus curses a fig tree when he sees it has no fruit (Mark 11: 11-13).
9. What is the important theme present in the Gospel of Mark? Messianic secret Church
The Gospel of Mark has an important theme of Messianic secret. The Messianic Secret refers to Jesus having commanded his followers not to reveal to others that he is the Messiah.
10. Who appeared during the Transfiguration of Jesus? Elijah and Moses Job and Solomon
Ezekiel and Moses
David and Job
Answer:Elijah and Moses
Elijah and Moses appear during the Transfiguration of Jesus (Mark 9:2-8).
11. How many mites did the widow woman give to the treasury? 2 3
The widow woman gave two mites to the treasury (Mark 12:41-44).
12. Where did Jesus pray before he was betrayed? Gethsemane Eden
Great garden of Rome
Great garden of Nazareth
Jesus Christ prayed in the garden of Gethsemane before he was betrayed.
13. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Mark? Growing Seed Barren Fig Tree
Bread of Life
The parable of the Growing Seed can be found only in the Gospel of Mark (Mark 4:26-29).
14. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Mark? Alert Servants Barren Fig Tree
Bread of Life
The parable of the Alert Servants can be found only in the Gospel of Mark (Mark 13:33-37).
15. How did Jesus cast out the demons according to the scribes? with the help of God
with the help of Beelzebub with the help of magic
with the help of prayer
Answer:with the help of Beelzebub
The scribes accused Jesus of casting out demons with the help of Beelzebub, Prince of Devil (Mark 3:22).