12. Small elevations on the tongue which contain taste buds are known as Receptors
13. Layer of the eye in which rods and cones are found Retina Sclera
Rods and cones are the endorgans of vision. Rods are sensitive to dim light. Cones are sensitive to bright light and are responsible for color vision.
14. Smallest bone in the human body. Hyoid
Stapes None of these
Stapes is one of the three auditory bones in the human ear. It measures 2.6 to 3.4 millimetres and weighs 2 to 4 grams.
15. The end organs (receptors) of taste sensation are called _______. Tongue
Taste buds Papillae
Taste buds are the endorgans of taste sensation. There are small projections on the tongue called papillae which contain taste buds. Nerve fibres present in the taste buds carry taste sensation to the brain.
16. _______ membrane is found between external and middle ear. Tympanic Ear
Tympanic membrane is a thin, shiny membrane between external auditory canal and middle ear.
17. _______ apparatus is a part of the internal ear and is responsible for maintenance of equilibrium and posture. Tympanic
18. Viscous fluid filled in the space behind the lens: Vitreous humor Aqueous humor
19. True or false: The end organs (receptors) of smell are known as olfactory neurons. True False
Olfactory neurons together form the olfactory nerve which conducts information to the brain.
20. True or false: Few taste receptors are also found in the cheek. True False
21. True or false: Choroid is the layer of the eye situated in between retina and sclera. True False
Middle coat of the eyeball is divided into 3 parts: 1.Choroid 2. Ciliary Body 3. Iris
22. True or false: Lens has the property to change its curvature. True False
Lens is a biconvex structure, covered by the lens capsule. Change in curvature of lens helps in accomodation i.e. to see distant and nearby objects clearly.
23. True or false: Cornea is a translucent membrane. True
It is transparent. Loss of corneal transparency results in impairment of vision.