Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
English Proverbs A-B
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. _______ will happen in the best-regulated families.
2. Adam's _______ is the best brew.
3. Advice when most needed is least _______.
4. After the storm comes the _______.
5. All's fair in _______ and war.
6. All's _______ that comes to the net.
7. All lay loads on a willing _______.
8. All roads lead to _______.
9. Any port in a _______.
10. Appearances are _______.
11. The apples on the other side of the wall are the _______.
12. As well be hanged for a _______ as a lamb.
13. Avoid a _______, for he is also a tattler.
14. A bad penny always comes _______.
15. A bad shearer never had a good _______.
16. The _______ hides the hook.
17. Be _______ before you are generous.
18. The beaten road is the _______.
19. Beauty is in the eye of the _______.
20. The best is often the _______ of the good.
21. Better be a _______ than a knave.
22. Better be an old man's _______ than a young man's slave.
23. Better the _______ you know than the devil you don't know.
24. Better to ask the way than go _______.
25. _______ two stools you fall to the ground.
26. The _______ is sometimes bit.
27. Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be _______.
28. Bread is the _______ of life.
29. Brevity is the _______ of wit.
30. The bull must be taken by the _______.
31. A bully is always a _______.
32. Burn not your house to fright the _______ away.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for College Students : English Proverbs A-B