Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. Idle folk have the least _______.
2. If a man deceives me once, shame on him; if he deceives me twice, shame on _______.
3. If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing _______.
4. If the _______ will not come to Mahomet, Mahomet must go to the mountain.
5. If you do not _______ it, you may lump it.
6. If you want _______, prepare for war.
7. Ill _______ comes apace.
8. An ill payer never wants an _______.
9. Ill _______ grow apace.
10. _______ is the sincerest form of flattery.
11. In a _______ sea, every man is a pilot.
12. In for a _______, in for a pound.
13. In peace, prepare for _______.
14. In _______ veritas.
15. In wine, there is _______.
16. It is a sad house where the _______ crows louder than the cock.
17. It's an ill _______ that blows nobody any good.
18. It is as well to know which way the wind _______.
19. It is better to wear out than to _______ out.
20. It's dogged that _______ it.
21. It is easy to _______ the misfortunes of others.
22. It is good fishing in _______ waters.
23. It is ill jesting with edged _______.
24. It is ill striving against the _______.
25. It is ill waiting for _______ men's shoes.
26. It is the _______ that always happens.
27. It needs more skill than I can tell to play the second _______ well.
28. It takes all _______ to make a world.
29. It will be all the same a hundred _______ hence.
30. _______ not, that ye be not judged.
31. Kind _______ are more than coronets.
32. Know your own faults before _______ others for theirs.
33. _______ is power.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for College Students : English Proverbs I-K