Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of _______.
2. Take not a musket to kill a _______.
3. Take the _______ with the smooth.
4. Take the _______ for the deed.
5. Take things as you _______ them.
6. Take time by the _______.
7. _______ differ.
8. A _______ never loses in the telling.
9. There are as good _______ in the sea as ever came out of it.
10. There are more ways of killing a _______ than by choking it with cream.
11. There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and _______.
12. There are tricks in every _______.
13. There are _______ within wheels.
14. There is a sin of _______ as well as of commission.
15. There is a _______ in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
16. There is a time to _______ and a time to be silent.
17. There is _______ among thieves.
18. There's many a _______ word spoken in jest.
19. There's no disputing about _______.
20. There's no fool like an _______ fool.
21. There's no peace for the _______.
22. There is no _______ without chaff.
23. There is nothing that _______ less than civility.
24. They also _______ who only stand and wait.
25. The _______ end of the wedge is dangerous.
26. A thing you don't want is dear at any _______.
27. Things are seldom what they _______.
28. Things done cannot be _______.
29. Think not on what you _______ as much as on what you have.
30. Through _______ to the stars.
31. Through obedience learn to _______.
32. Throw out a sprat to catch a _______.
33. Time is the great _______.
34. _______ flies.
35. Times _______.
36. Too much _______ lost Paradise.
37. Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no _______.
38. Truth is stranger than _______.
39. The truth will _______.
40. Two of a trade can never _______.
41. Uneasy lies the _______ that wears the crown.
42. Virtue is its own _______.
43. The voice of the _______ is the voice of God.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for College Students : English Proverbs T-V