Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. Wake not a sleeping _______.
2. _______ have ears.
3. Waste not, _______ not.
4. Water is a boon in the _______, but the drowning man curses it.
5. A watched _______ never boils.
6. We live in deeds, not in _______.
7. Wedlock is a _______.
8. Well _______ is half done.
9. What can't be _______ must be endured.
10. What's _______ cannot be undone.
11. What's sauce for the _______ is sauce for the gander.
12. What is the good of a sundial in the _______?
13. What is worth doing is worth doing _______.
14. What will Mrs _______ say?
15. Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also _______.
16. When all men _______, no man hears.
17. When children stand _______, they have done some ill.
18. When Greek meets _______, then comes the tug of war.
19. When I lent, I had a _______; when I asked, he was unkind.
20. When in _______, leave out.
21. When in Rome, do as the _______ do.
22. When one _______ shuts, another opens.
23. When the cat is away, the _______ will play.
24. Where there is a _______, there is a way.
25. Where there is _______, there is fire.
26. While there is _______, there is hope.
27. Who keeps company with the _______ will learn to howl.
28. Why keep a _______ and bark yourself?
29. A _______ lasts but nine days.
30. A word is enough to the _______.
31. A _______ spoken is past recalling.
32. Words cut more than _______.
33. _______ is worship.
34. The worst _______ of the cart creaks most.
35. You cannot burn the _______ at both ends.
36. You cannot catch old _______ with chaff.
37. You cannot have it _______ ways.
38. You cannot have the _______ and eat it too.
39. You cannot make a _______ walk straight.
40. You cannot make an omelet without breaking _______.
41. You cannot put an old head on young _______.
42. You cannot _______ the cow and drink the milk.
43. You cannot teach an old dog new _______.
44. You may lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make him _______.
45. You must lose a _______ to catch a trout.
46. You never know what you can do till you _______.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for Kids : English Proverbs W-Z