Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. Call a spade a _______.
2. A cat has _______ lives.
3. A cat may look at a _______.
4. Catch your _______ before you sell its skin.
5. Charity begins at _______.
6. The _______ is father of the man.
7. Children should be _______ and not heard.
8. Christmas comes but once a _______.
9. _______ is next to godliness.
10. Clothes do not make the _______.
11. Constant dripping wears away the _______.
12. A constant guest is never _______.
13. Courtesy costs _______.
14. _______ die many times before their deaths.
15. Cross the stream where it is _______.
16. Cut your _______ according to your cloth.
17. Deeds, not _______.
18. The devil finds _______ for idle hands to do.
19. The devil is not so _______ as he is painted.
20. Diamond cut _______.
21. Do as I _______, not as I do.
22. Do as most men do, then most men will _______ well of you.
23. Don't change _______ in mid-stream.
24. Don't count your _______ before they are hatched.
25. Don't cross a _______ till you come to it.
26. Don't _______ before you are hurt.
27. Don't _______ the bough you are standing on.
28. Don't empty the _______ out with the bath water.
29. Do not _______ against the pricks.
30. Don't make a _______ out of a molehill.
31. Don't make a _______ for your own back.
32. Don't make yourself a _______, or the cat will eat you.
33. Don't pour out the dirty _______ before you have clean.
34. Do not put all your eggs in the same _______.
35. Do not put new _______ into old bottles.
36. Don't put the cart before the _______.
37. Don't tell tales out of _______.
38. Do not wash your dirty linen in _______.
39. A _______ must be either shut or open.
40. A drowning man will clutch at a _______.
41. A _______ on a giant's shoulders sees the farther of the two.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for Kids : English Proverbs C-D