Home > English Proverbs > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What is the missing word that completes each proverb?|
1. _______ people never have any leisure.
2. If at _______ you don't succeed, try, try, try again.
3. If each would _______ before his own door, we should have a clean city.
4. If 'ifs' and 'ans' were pots and _______, there'd be no work for tinkers!
5. If it were not for _______, the heart would break.
6. If one _______ leaps over the ditch, all the rest will follow.
7. If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the _______.
8. If the _______ fits, wear it.
9. If there were no _______, we should not enjoy the sun.
10. If two men ride on a horse, one must ride _______.
11. If wishes were _______, beggars would ride.
12. If you cannot bite, never show your _______.
13. If you run after two hares, you will _______ neither.
14. If you sing before breakfast, you will _______ before night.
15. If you want a thing well done, do it _______.
16. In the country of the _______, the one-eyed man is king.
17. It is a foolish bird that soils its own _______.
18. It is a foolish sheep that makes the _______ his confessor.
19. It's a long lane that has no _______.
20. It's a _______ heart that never rejoices.
21. It is better to _______ than to take.
22. It is easier to pull down than to _______.
23. It is easy to be _______ after the event.
24. It is _______ that makes the world go round.
25. It is never too _______ to mend.
26. It is no use crying over _______ milk.
27. It is too late to lock the _______ when the horse has been stolen.
28. It is useless to flog a dead _______.
29. It never _______ but it pours.
30. It takes _______ to make a quarrel.
31. A Jack of all trades is _______ of none.
32. Jam _______ and jam yesterday -- but never jam today.
33. Keep something for a _______ day.
34. Kill not the _______ that lays the golden eggs.
Try the Quiz : Proverbs for Kids : English Proverbs I-K