Home > Quiz Games > Math > Word Problems Level I Print Preview
The Thief & His Parrot
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
Herbert was involved in 9 thefts last year and 27 thefts this year. His parrot helped him steal 29 diamonds last year and 23 diamonds this year. He rewarded the parrot with an elastic band and some nuts. The parrot stretched the elastic band which was 10 inches long by another 9 inches. The parrot then ate 43 nuts. There are still 40 nuts left in the cage. It cost $ 5 to feed the parrot last week. This week it cost $ 7 more.
1. In two years, how many diamonds did the parrot steal?
2. In two years, how many thefts was the thief involved in?
3. How many dollars did it cost to feed the parrot for two weeks?
4. With how many nuts did the thief reward the parrot?
5. How many inches did the parrot stretch the elastic band to?
Try the Quiz : Math Word Problems I : Addition - The Thief & His Parrot