Home > General Knowledge Quizzes > Europe > Print Preview
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|What one word completes each of the following sentences pertaining to Greek mythology?|
1. _______ was a Greek hero whose heels were the vulnerable part of his body.
Achilles was the Greek hero who could not be easily killed. Since the only vulnerable part of his body were his heels, he was killed when stabbed there.
2. King _______ was stabbed in his bath by his wife when he returned after the Trojan war.
3. _______ was the Goddess of love and beauty.
4. _______ was Apollo's twin sister.
5. The Parthenon was dedicated to Pallas _______.
6. _______ carried the world on his shoulders.
Atlas was the giant who was condemned to carry the world on his shoulders.
7. _______ was a monster that was half man and half horse.
8. _______ was the ferryman who rowed the dead to Hades over the River Styx.
9. _______ turned Ulysses and his companions into swine.
10. _______ was King Agamemnon's wife.
11. _______ was a one-eyed giant.
Cyclope was the one-eyed giant from whose cave Ulysses and his men managed to escape by clinging to the fur of sheep.
12. _______ was God of wine.
13. The face of _______ of Troy is said to have launched a thousand ships.
In order to bring back Helen of Troy, Agamemnon launched a thousand ships and caused a war between the Greeks and the Trojans.
14. _______ was the son of Zeus and Maia, and the messenger of the Gods.
15. _______ was the Goddess of the hearth (home).
16. _______ was the rainbow goddess, and the messenger of the Gods.
17. _______ was the young prince who went to get the golden fleece.
Jason was the young Greek prince who found the golden fleece after fantastic adventures.
18. _______ was Jason's wife.
19. The Gods lived on Mount _______.
20. _______ was a winged horse of the Greek Gods.
21. _______ was the God of the Underworld.
22. _______ was the God of the seas.
23. _______ was helped by Adriane's thread.
24. _______ was Achilles' mother.
25. _______ was Cupid's mother.
26. _______ was the King of the Gods.
Try the Quiz : Europe Quiz Games : Greek Mythology