Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
Given the DESCRIPTION, identify the US LEADER
1. I was an American. In my famous Gettysburg address, I described a democracy as 'a government of the people, by the people, for the people'. I was assassinated by John Wilkes-Booth on 15th April 1865 during one of my performances in the Ford's Theatre. Who am I?
2. I was born in Texas, United States of America. I was the thirty-fourth President as well as a General of the United States Army. I died in Washington D.C. Who am I?
Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. I was born in New York, United States of America. I was the only President to be elected four times. This even led to a change in the Constitution limiting a President to a maximum term of 10 years. I died in Georgia. Who am I?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
4. I was born in Germany. I became a citizen of United States of America in 1943. Later, in 1968, I became the Foreign-Policy Advisor. I organized President Richard Nixon's visit to China in 1972. In 1973, I became the Secretary of State. Later, in the same year, I won the Nobel Peace Prize for ending the fighting with North Vietnam. Who am I?
5. I was born in Georgia, United States of America. I was the thirty-ninth President. I was one of the three Presidents to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, which I won in 2002. Who am I?
James Carter (Jimmy Carter)
6. I was the thirty-fifth President of United States of America. I was born in Massachusetts, United States of America. During my tenure, events like the Vietnam War, Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, and the Cuban missile crisis were famous. These events aggravated the Cold War with the Soviet Union. I was assassinated in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald. Who am I?
John F. Kennedy
7. I was an American. I was the President, as well as a popular Hollywood actor. I advocated Franklin D. Roosevelt's principles. I was a strong anti-communist. I reduced the taxes, consolidated the economy and strengthened the military. I also proposed the space-based defence system, popularly called 'Star Wars'. Who am I?
8. I was born in New York, United States of America. I was the twenty-sixth President. I died in New York. Who am I?
9. I was an American. I was the founder of the Democratic Party. Who am I?
10. I was born in Virginia, United States of America. I was the twenty-eighth President. I died in Washington D.C. Who am I?
Try the Quiz : History : Famous US Leaders I - Who am I ?