Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian (Parsi)
2 tablespoons butter / ghee (clarified butter) / oil
1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds roasted
2 green chilli(es) chopped
2 flake(s) garlic chopped
4 curry leaves chopped (optional)
2 medium onion(s) chopped
2 medium tomato(es) chopped
½ teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
4 cups crumbled cottage cheese (paneer)
finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix the butter / ghee (clarified butter) / oil with the cumin seeds, chopped green chilli(es), garlic, curry leaves (optional) and the chopped onion(s). Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 2 minute(s) or till the onions are translucent and crunchy.
- Add the chopped tomato(es), turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes or till the fat leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Now, add the garam masala powder and the crumbled cottage cheese. Mix well. Microwave covered on 70% power for about 3 minutes (stirring mid-way).
Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Tofu is a very good substitute for cottage cheese.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately with: buttered toast or sliced fresh white bread.
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.