Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
Answer the questions, based on the Book of Genesis.
1. Whom did God ask to sacrifice his son? Moses
God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son.
2. What was Abraham's son's name who was to be sacrificed? Jacob
Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son Isaac.
3. On which mount did God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son? Mount Moriah Mount Sinai
God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son on Mount Moriah.
4. Who was the longest living man? Jared
Methuselah, son of Enoch and the grandfather of Noah, was the longest living man.
5. How old was Methuselah when he died? 782 years
969 years Answer:Answer:969 years
Methuselah, son of Enoch and the grandfather of Noah, was 969 years old when he died.
6. Who was Esau's twin brother? Jacob Joshua
Jacob was Esau's twin brother. Esau and Jacob were the sons of Isaac and Rebekah.
7. Who was the mother of Isaac? Eve
Sarah was the wife of Abraham and the mother of Isaac.
8. Who was the mother of Esau and Jacob? Rachel
Rebekah was the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob.
9. Whom among the twins did Isaac love? Esau Jacob
Isaac loved Esau amongst his twin children.
10. What did Esau do as a profession when he grew old? He was a carpenter.
He was an hunter. He was a mason.
He was a shepherd.
Answer:Answer:He was an hunter.
Esau was a cunning hunter and a man of the field.
11. What did Esau sell for a 'mess of pottage'? his birthright his cattle
Esau sold his birthright to his brother for a mess of pottage. He did this as he was faint and about to die.
12. How many sons did Jacob, son of of Isaac, have? ten
Jacob had twelve sons and several daughters.
13. Who amongst the sons of Jacob was given a 'coat of many colours'? Reuben
Jacob arrayed his son Joseph, with a coat of many colours.
14. What horrendous thing did Joseph's brothers do to him? they put him in a pit and sold him to Ishmaelites they took away to a deserted place and left him
they broke his limbs and sold him to beggars
they tricked him and made the Jewish authorities to arrest him
Answer:Answer:they put him in a pit and sold him to Ishmaelites
Joseph's brother hated him because of their father's favoritism to Joseph. The brothers therefore cast him into a pit and later sold him to Ishmaelites.
15. Who said the words, "What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?" Judah Reuben
Judah spoke these words in order to save Joseph from the other brothers when they were plotting against him.