Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
The bible verses are taken from the American Standard Bible.
1. Which book comes after the Gospel of Luke in the New Testament? Mark
The Gospel of Luke is the third book of the New Testament followed by the Gospel of John.
2. How many chapters does the Gospel of Luke have? 22
The Gospel of Luke has 24 chapters.
3. Which is the first verse in the Gospel of Luke? The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Answer:Answer:Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,
The Gospel of Luke starts with 'Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,'
4. What does the angel Gabriel tell Zechariah? that he will have a daughter
that he will die
that he will go deaf
that he will have a son Answer:Answer:that he will have a son
Angel Gabriel tells Zechariah that he will have a son (Luke 1:13).
5. What happens to Zechariah when he doubts what the angel Gabriel has told him? he becomes deaf
he becomes mute he falls sick
he becomes mad
Answer:Answer:he becomes mute
Zechariah becomes mute when he doubts what the angel Gabriel has told him (Luke 1:20).
6. How old is Jesus when he gets lost in the temple? 10
Jesus was 12 years old when he gets lost in the temple (Luke 2:42-49).
7. Where does Jesus send the demons who possess a man? herd of pigs herd of sheep
herd of cattle
herd of oxen
Answer:Answer:herd of pigs
Jesus cures a demon-possessed man and sends the demons to a herd of pigs (Luke 8:26-39).
8. Who helps Jesus to carry the cross? Simon of Damascus
Simon of Nazareth
Simon of Jerusalem
Simon of Cyrene Answer:Answer:Simon of Cyrene
Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry the cross (Luke 32:26).
9. Which prisoner is released by Pilate? Barnabus
Barabbas Jesus Christ
Pilate releases Barabbus a murderer instead of Jesus, as asked by the crowd (Luke 23:18-25).
10. To whom did Pilate send Jesus after learning that He is a Galilean? Caesar
Pilate sends Jesus to Herod after learning that Jesus is a Galilean (Luke 23:7).
11. What animal came and licked Lazarus' sores in the parable 'Rich Man and Lazarus'? dog cat
The dogs come and lick the sores of Lazarus in the parable 'Rich Man and Lazarus' (Luke16:21).
12. What were Jesus and his disciples doing as they walked through the grainfield? trampling down the grain
plucking the heads of grain and eating them collecting the grain for the poor
distributing the grains to the poor
Answer:Answer:plucking the heads of grain and eating them
Jesus and his disciples were plucking the heads of grain and eating them as they walked the grainfield (Luke 6:1).
13. What did Jesus call Herod? demon
Jesus calls Herod a fox after some pharisees tell Jesus to go away (Luke 13:32).
14. Who asked Pilate for Jesus' body and laid his body in a tomb? Joseph of Syria
Joseph of Arimathea Zechariah
Answer:Answer:Joseph of Arimathea
Joseph of Arimathea asks Pilate for Jesus' body and lays it in a tomb.
15. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Luke? Alert servants
Bread of life
Barren fig tree Good shepherd
Answer:Answer:Barren fig tree
The parable of the Barren Fig Tree can be found only in the Gospel of Luke (Luke 13:6-9).