Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
The bible verses are taken from the American Standard Bible.
1. Which book comes after the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament? Luke
The Gospel of Matthew is the first book of the New Testament followed by the Gospel of Mark.
2. How many chapters does the Gospel of Matthew have? 27
The Gospel of Matthew has 28 chapters.
3. What does the Gospel of Matthew begin with? synopsis
The Gospel of Matthew begins with a genealogy (the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history).
4. Which is the first verse in the Gospel of Matthew? The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,
The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Answer:Answer:The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The Gospel of Matthew starts with 'The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraha'.
5. Who baptized Jesus in the river Jordan? The High Priest
John the Baptist Answer:Answer:John the Baptist
Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist in the river Jordan (Matthew 3:13-17).
6. What was the profession of Matthew before he became a disciple of Jesus Christ? fisherman
tax collector landlord
Matthew was a tax collector before becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ.
7. Who killed John the Baptist? King Herod King Henry
John the Baptist was killed by King Herod (Matthew14:6-12).
8. How many times did Jesus predict his betrayal and his death in the Gospel of Matthew? 3
Jesus predicted his betrayal and his death in the Gospel of Matthew six times.
9. Who betrayed Jesus Christ? Judas Thaddaeus
Judas Iscariot Thomas
Judas Iscariot betrays Jesus Christ.
10. How many times did the devil tempt Jesus Christ in the wilderness? 4
Jesus Christ was tempted three times by the devil in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11).
11. Who were told by Jesus 'And he saith unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men'? Simon (Peter) and John
Andrew and John
Simon (Peter) and Andrew John and Philip
Answer:Answer:Simon (Peter) and Andrew
Jesus told Simon (Peter) and his brother Andrew to follow him (Matthew 4:8-20).
12. What does the Gospel of Matthew mention, which is not present in other Gospels? salvation
Jesus Christ's death
The Gospel of Matthew is the only Gospel to mention the word Church.
13. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Matthew? Alert servants
Hidden Treasure Rich man and Lazarus
The parable of the Hidden Treasure can be found only in the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 13:44).
14. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Matthew? Humbled guest
King's war plans
The parable of the Householder can be found only in the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 13:52).
15. Which parable is written in the Gospel of Matthew? Unprepared builder
Laborers in vineyard Answer:Answer:Laborers in vineyard
The parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard can be found only in the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 20:1-16).