Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
Given the QUESTION, identify the ANSWER
1. Tuft of capillaries inside the Malpighian body is known as Collecting ducts
2. Formation of urea occurs in Kidneys
Liver Small intestine
Urea is a metabolic waste product, synthesized in the liver and excreted through the kidneys.
3. Which of these is not a normal constituent of urine: sugar, urea or creatinine? Urea
In diabetes, sugar is excreted in urine.
4. Which of these is not an excretory organ: intestine, lungs, thyroid or kidneys? Thyroid Intestine
Thyroid is an endocrine gland.
5. Main function of the _______ is to filter the wastes from the blood and excrete them in the form of urine. Kidneys Lungs
6. Bag like structure in which urine is stored. Kidney
Urinary Bladder Ureter
7. Which is not true regarding kidneys? A. They do not have any capsule. B. They are bean shaped and reddish brown in color. C. Each kidney is divided into 2 parts - cortex and medulla. D. They are the main excretory organs. A B
Each kidney is covered by a thin capsule.
8. Which of these is not true -- A, B, C or D? A. Kidney excretes urea. B. A small fraction of CO2 is removed through the skin. C. Small amount of salt is excreted through skin. D. Feces is excreted through the anus. A
CO2 is removed through lungs. Skin excretes water and salts.
9. Which of these is not a function of kidneys? A. Maintenance of acid base balance. B. Excretion of nitrogenous waste products. C. Temperature regulation. D. Maintenance of water balance. A
Temperature regulation is a function of hypothalamus (a part of brain).
10. Identify urethra in this diagram.
11. True or False: Malpighian body is a part of nephron. True False
12. True or false: Capsule in which glomerulus is enclosed is known as external capsule. True
It is known as Bowman's Capsule.
13. True or false: Kidneys contain 10-12 million nephrons. True
Nephron is the structural and functional unit of kidney. Each kidney contains about 1.2 million nephrons.