Hide all answers
Hide all answers
View all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
|Choose the leader based on the clue(s) given.|
1. I was born in Cuba. I was the President of Cuban Republic. I improved the health facilities and the living conditions of the poor. I also promoted education. In 1961, I declared Cuba as a communist state. Who am I?
Answer: Fidel Castro
2. I was the Chancellor of West Germany. Later, I became the Chancellor of re-unified Germany. In fact, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, I was the first Chancellor of a unified Germany. Who am I?
Answer: Helmut Kohl
3. I was born in Germany. I became a citizen of United States of America in 1943. Later, in 1968, I became the Foreign-Policy Advisor. I organized President Richard Nixon's visit to China in 1972. In 1973, I became the Secretary of State. Later, in the same year, I won the Nobel Peace Prize for ending the fighting with North Vietnam. Who am I?
Answer: Henry Kissinger
4. I was born in Georgia, United States of America. I was the thirty-ninth President. I was one of the three Presidents to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, which I won in 2002. Who am I?
Answer: James Carter (Jimmy Carter)
5. I was the thirty-fifth President of United States of America. I was born in Massachusetts, United States of America. During my tenure, events like the Vietnam War, Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, and the Cuban missile crisis were famous. These events aggravated the Cold War with the Soviet Union. I was assassinated in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald. Who am I?
Answer: John F. Kennedy
6. I was born in Ukraine. I was the President of Soviet Union as well as the Head of the Communist Party. I also invaded Afghanistan. I was succeeded by Yuri Andropov. Who am I?
Answer: Leonid Ilich Brezhnev
7. I was the founder of People's Republic of China. I built the Red Army. I played a key role in unifying China. My infamous 'Great Leap Forward' program was a great bane to the country and led to widespread starvation. I am worshipped in China till today. Who am I?
Answer: Mao Tse-Tung
8. I was a Russian. I introduced several socio-economic reforms. I put an end to the Cold War, for which I won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990. Who am I?
Answer: Mikhail Gorbachev
9. I was a South African. I worked to put an end to apartheid (racial segregation) in South Africa. Initially, I did this in a non-violent manner, but later I declared war on the Government, and so I was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1964. However, in 1990 President Frederik Willem de Klerk released me, after which I won the first multiracial elections in South Africa and became the President again. Who am I?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
10. I was an American. I was the President, as well as a popular Hollywood actor. I advocated Franklin D. Roosevelt's principles. I was a strong anti-communist. I reduced the taxes, consolidated the economy and strengthened the military. I also proposed the space-based defence system, popularly called 'Star Wars'. Who am I?
Answer: Ronald Reagan
11. I was born in Cairo, Egypt. I am well-known for my efforts to maintain peace between Israel and Palestine. In 1996, I became the President of the Palestinian Authority. Who am I?
Answer: Yasser Arafat
12. I was born in Jerusalem. I succeeded Golda Meir as the Prime Minister of Israel. In 1994, I won the Nobel Peace Prize, which I shared with Yasser Arafat and Shimon Peres. I was assassinated by Yigal Amir in Israel. Who am I?
Answer: Yitzhak Rabin
Try the Quiz : History : Famous Leaders I - Who am I ?