Home > Quiz Games > Science > Print Preview
School Science Quiz : Plants
Hide all answers
View all answers
Try the Quiz
Given the QUESTION, identify the ANSWER
1. Which of the following is a flowering plant?
The ash (a tree having a silver-gray bark) is a flowering plant (a plant that bears flowers).
The fucus, mucor, spirogyra and toadstool are all non-flowering plants (flowerless plants).
2. The gas that plants feed on is _______ (during photosynthesis).
Plants feed on Carbon Dioxide gas (CO2) during photosynthesis.
3. The gas that is exhaled by plants is _______ (during respiration).
Carbon Dioxide gas (CO2) is expired by plants (during respiration).
4. The seeds of coniferous trees are contained in the _______.
The seeds of a coniferous tree (like the pine and fir) are contained in its cones.
5. The scientific biological name for the family of grasses is _______.
'Gramineae' is the scientific biological term used for the family of grasses.
6. Which of the following is not a deciduous tree/shrub?
The holly (a shrub/bush having shiny prickly leaves and red berries) is evergreen.
7. Which of the following conifers is not an evergreen?
The larch (a tall deciduous tree of the pine family that bears small cones) is not an evergreen.
8. Which of the following plants has no chlorophyll?
The mushroom (an edible fungus having a stem and a domed cap) does not contain chlorophyll.
9. Which of the following words/phrases is generally not applicable to plants?
The term 'organic food' is generally not applicable to a plant.
10. Which of the following materials/substances is not of plant origin?
The pearl (a round creamy-white gem formed inside the shell of certain oysters) is not of plant origin.
11. The _______ of carrots and turnips are eaten by man.
The roots of turnip and carrot plants are consumed (eaten) by man.
12. Which of the following plants cannot be classified as a grass?
The shallot (a small plant like the onion plant) cannot be classified as a grass.
The sugarcane, bamboo, wheat and vernal can all be classified as grasses.
13. The _______ of rhubarb and celery plants are eaten by man.
The stems of celery and rhubarb plants are consumed (eaten) by man.
14. Which of the following is not a herbaceous plant?
The sycamore (a large, tall deciduous timber-tree of the maple family having winged seeds) is not a herbaceous (soft-stemmed) plant.
The daisy, clover, marigold and buttercup are all herbaceous plants.
15. Wheat and other kinds of corn can be classified as cereals.
Wheat and other kinds of corn such as rice, maize, oats, rye and barley can all be classified as cereals.
16. The organic material contained in soil is known as humus.
Humus is the rich, dark organic material present in the soil which is formed by the decay of dead leaves and plants.
17. The seeds of deciduous trees are contained in the fruits.
The seeds of a deciduous tree are contained in its fruits.
18. Germinating seeds respire slowly as compared with leaves.
Germinating seeds respire rapidly as compared with leaves.
19. Plants react more quickly to stimuli than animals.
Animals respond to stimuli faster than plants.
Try the Quiz : School Science Quiz : Plants