Adventures in Aipotu: Episode 1
Questions For Discussion
What is Aipotu that Ollie describes? What might your Aipotu be like?
Sigmund Freud, the famous psychiatrist, claimed that a verbal mistake, a slip or error in what you say might reflect an unconscious belief or emotion. In that context, what do you think of the songs that Damini recites on the Water Connoisseur?
- Specifically, what do you make of "Wonder, Question, meditate and dream while you are awake"
- The second song is from Robert Frost's "Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening." In this song, Damini talks about cleaning up waste. How do you define waste? What are the ways that your community has used to dispose household wastes? What are things that can be recycled and what are some things that cannot be? A good resource on waste: http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/index.htm
- In the third song, Damini mentions various rock groups from 70's and 80's. Have you heard any of them? Do you know some of their popular numbers? Here are some sites.
Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Can you identify the original song that Damini tries to sing as her last song?
- What do you know about the effects of the use of pesticides and fertilizers on the environment and on humans? Where do the chemicals put in the soil in the form of fertilizers and pesticides go? Here are some resources: http://www.cleanwateraction.org/
- What do you know about organic farming? What are the organic stores in your neighborhood? http://www.ofrf.org/, http://www.ebfarm.com/
Write to the author
The author will review feedback and answers received for any of the questions
above. Selected answers may be published on this web site as "model" answers
for the benefit of other readers. Please use the form below to make your