Adventures in Aipotu: Episode 3
Questions For Discussion
How did the position of the people standing around the elephant affect what they drew? Similarly, do you think that people around the world would have different views on issues because they lived in different situations? How should we deal with such differences?
- Do you think there should be freedom for people to view issues differently? How do you deal with friends or colleagues who view issues differently?
- Did the lead of the self-proclaimed `Progressives' not remind you of a dictator? Do you know of nations that are currently ruled by dictatorial regimes? What do you think about dictatorial regimes?
- What are the problems with forcing people to believe in what the dictator believes?
- What are the ways that individuals or groups in power influence the views or beliefs of people?
- Do you know why Damini called the self-proclaimed "Progressives" the StaticFrogs?
- The group that called themselves the `left' seemed like the communist organizations. Do you agree? What do you know about communist organizations?
- What do you think was the problem with the way the self-proclaimed `Left' made decisions?
- Do you know why Damini calls them `George's Frogs'?
- What does the self proclaimed `Right' reminds you off? How do they make their decisions?
- What are the problems with forcing everyone to follow what the majority feels? How does such a decision making process affect the rights of minorities?
- What do you think of the `TruthSeekers'? What is the characteristic of the `TruthSeekers'? How do you think they make their decisions?
- How do you think that the StaticFrogs, George's Pigs, Minority Killers and TruthSeekers resolve conflicts within their groups?
- How would you like to resolve conflicts arising between differences in opinions between people you know?
- How would you like to resolve conflicts arising between differences in opinions between people you do not know?
- Which group would you like to be a part of?
Write to the author
The author will review feedback and answers received for any of the questions
above. Selected answers may be published on this web site as "model" answers
for the benefit of other readers. Please use the form below to make your