Adventures in Aipotu: Episode 7
Questions For Discussion
- How do fish breathe in water? How do whales and dolphins breathe?
- What are the differences between dolphins and porpoises?
- Find more information about Atlantis by searching the internet.
- The poem about Atlantis does not match what mythology has to say. However, there are some points it makes about a fictitious society based on an ideology of beauty. Do you have any comments on such an ideology? How do you define beauty? Would the world be more beautiful if every one looked like any one supermodel or film star?
- Why do you think perceptions of beauty have changed over time? How do you think they have changed?
- Do you feel a pressure from your friends to look cool? How do you handle the pressure?
- How do you think the community of the crabs was similar to human societies? How do you think it is different?
- What do you think was the value of the coral in the community of crabs? Is there a similar object in human societies?
- What do you think of coralism?
- What is your favorite ism? What are the things you like in that ism? What are the things you would change and how would you change them?
Write to the author
The author will review feedback and answers received for any of the questions
above. Selected answers may be published on this web site as "model" answers
for the benefit of other readers. Please use the form below to make your