The bible verses are taken from the American Standard Bible.
1. How many chapters are there in the book of Exodus? 40 50
The book of Exodus consists of 40 chapters.
2. What does the word 'Exodus' mean? departure death or end
word of God
The word 'Exodus' is derived from a Greek word meaning 'departure'.
3. Which book comes before the book of Exodus in the Old Testament? Book of Numbers
Book of Deuteronomy
Book of Genesis Book of Joshua
Answer:Book of Genesis
The book of Exodus is the second book in the Old Testament and comes after the book of Genesis.
4. Which is the first line in the book of Exodus? 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God'.
Now these are the names of the sons of Israel, who came into Egypt (every man and his household came with Jacob): 'For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish'.
'Let there be light'.
Answer:Now these are the names of the sons of Israel, who came into Egypt (every man and his household came with Jacob):
Exodus 1:1 - 'Now these are the names of the sons of Israel, who came into Egypt (every man and his household came with Jacob):
5. What does the book of Exodus describe? the exodus of the Israelites from Europe
the exodus of the Israelites from Jordan
the exodus of the Israelites from Asia
the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt Answer:the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
The book of Exodus describes the exodus of the Israelites from the land of Egypt.
6. Which sea did Moses and the Israelites cross with the help of God? Dead Sea
Red Sea Answer:Red Sea
Moses and the Israelites crossed the Red Sea with the help of God.
7. Which Jewish holiday does the book of Exodus form the basis of ? Festival of Lots
Passover Festival of Lights
Day of Atonement
The book of Exodus forms the basis of the Jewish holiday of Passover.
8. Who leads the Israelites out of Egypt? Jacob
Moses leads the Israelites from the land of Egypt.
9. Where does Moses flee after he kills an Egyptian? Canaan
Moses flees to Midian after he kills an Egyptian man.
10. What is the name of Moses's brother? Jacob
Aaron is the brother of Moses.
11. Where does Moses meet God in the form of a burning bush? Mount Horeb Mount Esther
Moses meets God in the form of a burning bush at Mount Horeb.
12. What is the name of God as revealed to Moses? Yahweh Yahwah
God the Father
God reveals his name to Moses as 'Yahweh'.
13. How many plagues were sent by God to Egypt? 9
God sent 10 plagues to Egypt.
14. Which was the last plague sent by God to Egypt? plague of darkness
plague of frogs
plague of death of firstborn plague of blood
Answer:plague of death of firstborn
The Pharaoh let the Israelites go with Moses after the last plague, 'The death of the firstborn'.
15. Where does God give Moses the ten commandments? Mount Moab
Mount Sinai Answer:Mount Sinai
God gives Moses the ten commandments at Mount Sinai.