1. In which year was Mahatma Gandhi born? 1896
Mahatma Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869 in a town called Porbandar in Gujarat.
2. In which year did Gandhi become a lawyer? 1881
Gandhi arrived in England in 1888. He became a lawyer in 1891 and returned to India.
3. In which year did the famous Dandi March take place? 1931
The Dandi March was a protest against the tax that the British had imposed on salt.
4. In which year was the Quit India Movement launched? 1948
Gandhi protested against the British dividing India into India and Pakistan. Gandhi believed that if the British left India, the Hindus and Muslims could live in peace. So, he launched the Quit India Movement in 1942.
5. When did India gain independence? 15th August 1947 15th August 1942
15th August 1948
15th August 1950
Answer:15th August 1947
India gained independence on the 15th of August in 1947.
6. In which year did Gandhi die? 1947
Gandhi died on 30th January 1948.
7. By which name was Gandhi lovingly called by his countrymen? Bhai
All Indians respected Gandhi and fondly called him 'Bapu' or 'Father of the Nation'.
8. Where did Gandhi go to study law? England United States
Gandhi was sent to England to study law after he spent a year in college.
9. Where was Mahatma Gandhi born? Maharashtra
Gujarat West Bengal
Mahatma Gandhi was born in a town called Porbandar in Gujarat on 2nd October 1869.
10. Gandhi founded an ashram in _______. Maharashtra
Gandhi welcomed all people poor or rich to join the ashram. They had to support themselves by working with their hands and spinning their own cloth in their houses.
11. Gandhi called the people of lower castes by this name: Untouchables
Gandhi believed in equality of all mankind whether they belonged to the higher caste or the lower caste. He fought for the rights of the low caste people and tried to put an end to inequality. 'Harijans' means the people of God