Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
Given the CAPITAL, identify the US STATE
1. Montgomery Answer:Answer:Alabama
The nickname for Alabama (AL) is Yellowhammer State.
2. Juneau Answer:Answer:Alaska
The nickname for Alaska (AK) is The Last Frontier. It is also known as the Land of the Midnight Sun. Alaska is the largest state in area but is the least populated. The US bought Alaska in 1867 from Russia for a little over 7 million dollars. Great deposits of oil and natural gas are today mined in Alaska.
3. Phoenix Answer:Answer:Arizona
The nickname for Arizona (AZ) is The Grand Canyon State. It is also known as Copper State.
4. Little Rock Answer:Answer:Arkansas
The nickname for Arkansas (AR) is The Natural State.
5. Sacramento Answer:Answer:California
The nickname for California (CA) is The Golden State.
6. Denver Answer:Answer:Colorado
The nickname for Colorado (CO) is Centennial State. It is also referred to as Colorful Colorado.
7. Hartford Answer:Answer:Connecticut
The nickname for Connecticut (CT) is Constitution State. It is also called Nutmeg State, Provisions State, or Land of Steady Habits.
8. Dover Answer:Answer:Delaware
The nickname for Delaware (DE) is The First State. It is also called The Diamond State, Blue Hen State, or Small Wonder.
9. Tallahassee Answer:Answer:Florida
The nickname for Florida (FL) is Sunshine State.
10. Atlanta Answer:Answer:Georgia
The nickname for Georgia (GA) is Peach State.
11. Honolulu Answer:Answer:Hawaii
The nickname for Hawaii (HI) is Aloha State. Hawaii consists of a group of about 130 islands in the Pacific ocean. It is about 3360 km from the continental US and is the most recent state to be enlisted (in 1959). Hawaii is known for its volcanic activity.
12. Boise Answer:Answer:Idaho
The nickname for Idaho (ID) is Gem State. It is also called the Gem of the Mountains.
13. Springfield Answer:Answer:Illinois
The nickname for Illinois (IL) is Prairie State.
14. Indianapolis Answer:Answer:Indiana
The nickname for Indiana (IN) is Hoosier State.
15. Des Moines Answer:Answer:Iowa
The nickname for Iowa (IA) is Hawkeye State.
16. Topeka Answer:Answer:Kansas
The nickname for Kansas (KS) is Sunflower State.
17. Frankfort Answer:Answer:Kentucky
The nickname for Kentucky (KY) is Bluegrass State.
18. Baton Rouge Answer:Answer:Louisiana
The nickname for Louisiana (LA) is Pelican State.
19. Augusta Answer:Answer:Maine
The nickname for Maine (ME) is Pine Tree State. Maine is the northeastern most state of the US. It has an area of 86156 sq. km.
20. Annapolis Answer:Answer:Maryland
The nickname for Maryland (MD) is Old Line State.
21. Boston Answer:Answer:Massachusetts
The nickname for Massachusetts (MA) is Bay State. It is also known as Old Colony State.
22. Lansing Answer:Answer:Michigan
The nickname for Michigan (MI) is The Wolverine State. It is also called the Great Lakes State.
23. St. Paul Answer:Answer:Minnesota
The nickname for Minnesota (MN) is North Star State. It is also known as Land of Ten Thousand Lakes.
24. Jackson Answer:Answer:Mississippi
The nickname for Mississippi (MS) is Magnolia State.
25. Jefferson City Answer:Answer:Missouri
The nickname for Missouri (MO) is Show Me State.
26. Helena Answer:Answer:Montana
The nickname for Montana (MT) is Treasure State.
27. Lincoln Answer:Answer:Nebraska
The nickname for Nebraska (NE) is Cornhusker State.
28. Carson City Answer:Answer:Nevada
The nickname for Nevada (NV) is Silver State. It is also known as Sage State or Sagebrush State.
29. Concord Answer:Answer:New Hampshire
The nickname for New Hampshire (NH) is The Granite State.
30. Trenton Answer:Answer:New Jersey
The nickname for New Jersey (NJ) is Garden State.
31. Santa Fe Answer:Answer:New Mexico
The nickname for New Mexico (NM) is Land of Enchantment.
32. Albany Answer:Answer:New York
The nickname for New York (NY) is Empire State.
33. Raleigh Answer:Answer:North Carolina
The nickname for North Carolina (NC) is Old North State.
34. Bismarck Answer:Answer:North Dakota
The nickname for North Dakota (ND) is Peace Garden State. It is also known as Flickertail State or Roughrider State.
35. Columbus Answer:Answer:Ohio
The nickname for Ohio (OH) is Buckeye State.
36. Oklahoma City Answer:Answer:Oklahoma
The nickname for Oklahoma (OK) is The Sooner State.
37. Salem Answer:Answer:Oregon
The nickname for Oregon (OR) is Beaver State.
38. Harrisburg Answer:Answer:Pennsylvania
The nickname for Pennsylvania (PA) is Keystone State.
39. Providence Answer:Answer:Rhode Island
The nickname for Rhode Island (RI) is Ocean State. It is also known as Plantation State. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US with an area of 3139 sq. km.
40. Columbia Answer:Answer:South Carolina
The nickname for South Carolina (SC) is Palmetto State,
41. Pierre Answer:Answer:South Dakota
The nickname for South Dakota (SD) is Mount Rushmore State.
42. Nashville Answer:Answer:Tennessee
The nickname for Tennessee (TN) is The Volunteer State. It is also known as Big Bend State, Hog and Hominy State, or The Mother of Southwestern Statesmen.
43. Austin Answer:Answer:Texas
The nickname for Texas (TX) is Lone Star State.
44. Salt Lake City Answer:Answer:Utah
The nickname for Utah (UT) is Beehive State.
45. Montpelier Answer:Answer:Vermont
The nickname for Vermont (VT) is Green Mountain State.
46. Richmond Answer:Answer:Virginia
The nickname for Virginia (VA) is Old Dominion State. It is also known as Mother State.
47. Olympia Answer:Answer:Washington
The nickname for Washington (WA) is The Evergreen State.
48. Charleston Answer:Answer:West Virginia
The nickname for West Virginia (WV) is Mountain State.
49. Madison Answer:Answer:Wisconsin
The nickname for Wisconsion (WI) is Badger State.
50. Cheyenne Answer:Answer:Wyoming
The nickname for Wyoming (WY) is Equality State. Yellowstone National Park is located in Wyoming.