Hide all answersHide all answersView all answersView all answersPrintTry the Quiz
The bible verses are taken from the American Standard Bible.
1. How many chapters are there in the book of Joshua? 23
The book of Joshua consists of 24 chapters.
2. What does the word 'Joshua' mean? same as God
same as martyr
same as Jesus protector of the covenant
Answer:Answer:same as Jesus
The word 'Joshua' is derived from a Greek word meaning 'same as Jesus'.
3. Which book comes before the book of Joshua in the Old Testament? Book of Leviticus
Book of Numbers
Book of Deuteronomy Book of Exodus
Answer:Answer:Book of Deuteronomy
The book of Joshua is the sixth book in the Old Testament and comes after the book of Deuteronomy.
4. Which is the first line in the book of Joshua? And Jehovah called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tent of meeting, saying,
Now these are the names of the sons of Israel, who came into Egypt (every man and his household came with Jacob):
'For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish'.
Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Answer:Answer:Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
Joshua 1:1 - Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
5. What does the book of Joshua describe? the priestly rituals and rules for conduct
the fall of Egypt
a history of the Israelites from the death of Moses to that of Joshua the creation
Answer:Answer:a history of the Israelites from the death of Moses to that of Joshua
The book of Joshua describes the history of the Israelites from the death of Moses to that of Joshua.
6. Who was the father of Joshua? Nun Aaron
Nun was the father of Joshua.
7. Who was the successor of Moses? Aaron
Joshua was the successor of Moses.
8. Which tribe did Joshua belong to? Issachar
Joshua belonged to the tribe of Ephraim.
9. How many spies were sent to Jericho? 2 3
Joshua sent two spies from Shittim to the city of Jericho (Joshua 2:1).
10. Who saved the spies sent by Joshua in the city of Jericho? Rachael
A woman called Rahab saved the spies sent by Joshua in the city of Jericho (Joshua 3:1).
11. Which river did the Israelites cross to reach Jericho? Nile
The Israelites crossed the river Jordan to reach the city of Jericho.
12. How many times did the Israelites compass the city of Jericho? 13 14
The Israelites compass the city of Jericho for thirteen times (Joshua 6:3-4).
13. Who stole silver and Gold from the ruins? Joshua
Achan stole a goodly Babylonish mantle, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels and angers God (Joshua 7:21).
14. Where was Achan stoned to death? valley of Kings
valley of Jericho
valley of Nomad
valley of Achor Answer:Answer:valley of Achor
Achan was stoned to death at the valley of Achor (Joshua 7:26).
15. How old was Joshua when he died? 105