Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian (Gujarati)
2 cup(s) sprouted field beans (surti vaal dal)
4 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
1" stick cinnamon
2 green chilli(es) chopped
1 teaspoon(s) red chilli powder or to taste
½ teaspoon(s) each of asafoetida and turmeric powder
8 cups cooked / steamed rice
salt to taste
grated fresh coconut (optional) and chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Microwave the sprouted field beans along with water covered in a deep large microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for about 8 minutes or till they are fully cooked. Remove from bowl and keep aside.
- Pour the oil in the same microwave-safe bowl. Add the cumin seeds, clove(s), cinnamon, green chilli(es), red chilli powder, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Microwave on high (100%) power for about 1 minute(s).
- Now, add the cooked rice, the cooked sprouted field beans and salt. Mix well. Microwave covered on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes.
Garnish with grated coconut (optional) and chopped coriander leaves.
- The cooked rice must be cooled to room temperature before use in step 3. This is a great way to use left-over rice.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot immediately with: Eggplant and Potato Curry (Vagan Bateta nu Shak) or any other curries of your choice.
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.