Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian
200 grams (about 8 oz.) mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, potatoes) finely chopped.
4 tablespoons water to cook the vegetables
2 tablespoon(s) butter
1 medium onion(s) chopped
1 tablespoon(s) plain flour (maida)
4 cup(s) milk
1 cup(s) water or as required
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the vegetables in a microwave-safe deep bowl and sprinkle the water over them. Microwave on high (100%) power for about 6 minutes (stirring mid-way) or till the vegetables are tender and cooked.
- In a microwave-safe deep bowl, microwave the butter on high (100%) power for about 40 seconds or till the butter melts.
- Add the chopped onions and microwave on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes or till onions are transparent.
- Add the flour and milk. Stir well taking care no lumps are formed. Now add the vegetables and water (this will give a chunky soup). Mix well and microwave on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- For a thick and smooth consistency soup, cooked vegetables can be cooled, pureed and added to the flour and milk in the last step. Alternatively half the vegetables can be pureed and added to the rest of the cooked vegetables and flour mixture.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with: croutons.
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.