Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian
4 cups tomato juice
2 teaspoon(s) cornflour dissolved in a little cold water
1 teaspoon(s) roasted cumin seed powder
1 teaspoon(s) ginger - garlic paste
1 tablespoon(s) milk
salt and freshly milled pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients except for milk in a microwave-safe deep bowl. Microwave on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes (stirring mid-way).
- Add the milk and mix well. Microwave on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- This soup can be made by pureeing fresh tomatoes. This would be time-consuming but worth the effort.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with: croutons or bread sticks.
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.