Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: North Indian Vegetarian
2 tablespoon(s) oil
4 flakes garlic crushed
2 green bell pepper(s) cut into long thin strips
1 teaspoon(s) each of red chilli and coriander powders
1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder (optional)
8 tablespoons tomato puree
salt and sugar to taste
200 grams (about 8 oz.) cottage cheese cut into (1/2") cubes
- Heat oil and garlic on 80% power in a microwave-safe bowl uncovered for about 2 minute(s) or till the garlic has been fried and the raw smell has gone.
- Add the green bell pepper strips, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala (optional) powder, tomato puree, salt and sugar. Mix well. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese. Mix well and keep aside. Just before serving, microwave covered on high (100%) power for about 2 minute(s) or till the cottage cheese has become soft.
- The cottage cheese cubes can be basted with oil and microwaved separately on high (100%) power for about 2 minutes before using it in the dish.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with: Cumin Rice (Jeera Chawal), white rice, or sliced bread.
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.