Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: South Indian Vegetarian (Konkani)
2 tablespoons oil
2 medium onion(s) sliced finely
1 teaspoon(s) red chilli powder or as per taste
1 big tomato(es) chopped finely
4 big potatoes boiled and cut into cubes
½ teaspoon(s) tamarind paste or as per taste
salt to taste
- Heat oil and finely sliced onions in a microwave-safe bowl uncovered on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes (stirring mid-way) or till the onions are lightly browned.
- Now add the red chilli powder and mix well. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 2 minute(s) or till it gives out a nice roasted aroma.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 4 minutes or till the tomatoes are tender and the oil has left the sides of the bowl.
- Add now the boiled potato cubes and tamarind paste. Sprinkle some water and salt to taste. Mix well. Microwave covered on 70% power for about 4 minutes.
- Browned onion slices can be mixed in during standing time for extra taste.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with: Subtly Tempered Rice (Nucchi), white rice or Indian bread (Roti).
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.