Cooking time (approx.): minutes
Style: Indian Vegetarian (Gujarati)
2 tablespoons oil
2 medium tomatoes sliced
1 teaspoon(s) each of red chilli, turmeric, coriander and cumin powders
1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder (optional)
2 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
2 medium eggplants (brinjals or aubergines) sliced
4 tablespoons water
sugar and salt to taste
finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for about 1 minute(s).
- Add the tomatoes, spices and sugar to taste. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add potatoes and eggplants. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the water and salt. Mix well and microwave covered on high (100%) power for about 5 minutes (stirring mid-way) or till the vegetables are cooked.
Serve garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Egglants which are light in weight are preferable.
- When the microwave cooking time for a step exceeds 2 minutes, it is highly recommended the contents be checked and stirred at regular intervals to avoid burning of food.
- Standing time is a very important step as it completes the microwave cooking process of a dish. Ideally, allow the dish to stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Serve hot with: Sprouted Field Beans Pulav (Vaal ni Dal nu Pulav), white rice, or Indian bread (Roti).
Note: The above recipe is designed for a microwave oven of 800 Watts. Higher wattage microwave ovens will require shorter cooking times. Kindly refer to the manual accompanying your microwave oven for its wattage. IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED THAT ALL THE CARE AND PRECAUTIONS SPECIFIED IN THE OVEN MANUAL BE TAKEN DURING THE MICROWAVE COOKING PROCESS.
Disclaimer: Syvum makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the correctness of the content as well as the accuracy and use of the information included in the recipes. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Syvum disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties and fitness for a particular purpose. Syvum will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the recipes, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.